One of the great pleasures of a holiday in France is being able to browse at the local markets. As you wander, your senses will be aroused with the perfume of herbs and spices….here you will find quality fruit and vegetables at excellent prices, also meat, bread and cheese….in fact the perfect way to begin your holiday is to visit a local Sunday market to stock up with food (remember supermarkets are often closed on a Sunday). This means you can minimise the amount of food you have to take with you.
It is likely that there will be a market every day of the week close to where you are staying. Below you will find a list of all market days in Provence….
- Cavalière (June to September)
- Bormes-les-Mimosas (Pin de Bormes)
- Hyères (Place de la République)
- Bormes les Mimosas (Vieux Village)
- Le Lavandou
- La Capte
- Le Rayol-Canadel (April to October)
- Hyères (Avenue Gambetta and Place Clémenceau)
- La Favière (mid-June to mid-September)
- La Londe-les-Maures
- Port St-Pierre
Here’s more information to make the most of your visit to the Provence:
- Attractions in Provence:
- Other Activities: