Looking for a Dordogne gite that will suit all the family? Check out our favourite top holiday homes in this fantastic area of France.
The Dordogne is a ‘department’ in southwest France, in the region of Aquitaine. The most popular places to both the Brits and French alike centres around four areas. The capital Perigueux, a city with a beautiful historic centre, around its ancient Cathédrale Saint Front, one of the oldest in France; the caves in the Vezère valley between Montignac, Lascaux and Les Eyzies, the mediaeval city of Sarlat and the Dordogne valley itself, between Le Buillon and Aillac, an area including several of the finest of the Dordogne castles.
Top gites in the Dordogne with Pools
1. From as little as 210 euros per week you can enjoy a stay Les Gites de Carlux, a fabulous family-friendly gite in the Dordogne.
Les Gites de Carlux offers twelve spacious properties situated on a 2½ acre site overlooking the picturesque village of Carlux. There’s a choice of standard and deluxe Gites with one, two or three bedrooms for 2, 4 or 6 people, each with private terrace.
There’s a lot to offer families here, with facilities on site including a paddling pool, badminton, boules, table tennis, an under 6 playground, adventure playground, table football and an impressively large outdoor heated swimming pool.
2) Domaine de Peyrecaty in Belvès is a collection of nine Dordogne Villas, each with a garden, barbecue & alfresco dining areas. This small hamlet of gites is surrounded by meadows, orchards and woodland with wonderful views across the valley and countryside.
Great for family holidays in the Dordogne, Domaine de Peyrecaty has an indoor toy bar, an adventure playground and a sand play area. Plus the grown-ups are well catered for with tennis, badminton table tennis, football and Petanque.
Throw in free Wi-fi, freshly brewed coffee served in the mornings and an outdoor heated pool and paddling pool you have a great holiday destination!
These gites are perfect for groups or families travelling together but each has it’s own terrace and garden area offering privacy when you want it.
The large, fully enclosed garden includes a fenced 12m x 6m heated swimming pool with safety ledge for children. There is a decking area for sun lovers or if you prefer, our abri offers much needed shade and is great for an afternoon nap in the hammock.
There are excellent facilities here for teens, children, babies and toddlers in our holiday cottages plus the area is great for exploring the fairytale castles of Castlenaud and local enchanting medieval market towns.
Plus of course a beautiful heated pool with relaxing shaded areas with deckchairs and a hammock!
5) Castelwood in Biron, is a collection of fifteen wooden chalets nestled at the foot of the Castle of Biron in the Dordogne. This is the ideal place to get back to nature and enjoy a truly peaceful and relaxing holiday.
You can enjoy Castlewood Art painting workshops and candle making workshops here, plus a special Castlewood Kids club every Thursday. There are also ‘Gourmet’ workshops where you can cook and eat with local chefs of the area.
Each chalet is comfortably equipped with an open style kitchen, a living room bathroom, and two bedrooms, sleeping up to five. The porch has a garden table and chairs to relax ‘al freso’ over mealtimes.
The shared heated swimming pool is large, with plenty of seating when you want to cool down and laze around.
6) Le Four a Sel in Montignac offers three family-friendly Dordogne gites plus a B&B option. With a riverside setting in a tranquil location but just five minutes to local shops and restaurants, this offers a relaxing holiday for all ages.
There’s lots of space here for kids to run around and for anyone to find their own private corner and with a playground, table tennis, badminton, a football field and boules there’s plenty to keep you entertained. If you’re a keen fisherman, then make the most of the private fishing on the river Vezere.
The picturesque outdoor pool is large enough to play and swim being 10m x 4m and has two levels.
Across the nine acres of grounds and gardens there’s plenty to offer the family, with a recreation room with table football, table tennis and a lot of toys for your children. Outside there are children’s bikes, tricycles and a go-kart as well as a trampoline and tree-house!
The outdoor heated pool oozes tranquility and together with the toddler/paddling pool and jacuzzi, it’s very easy to relax here.
8) Maison Arc-en-Ciel in Montcaret offers B&B plus a beautiful four-bedroom French gite located amongst vineyards near St. Emilion. There are nine acres of grounds and gardens here, plenty of space to relax in or for the children to enjoy the swings, table tennis, badminton, rounders, croquet and table football.
The gite is wheelchair accessible and an additional option is a four course evening meal delivered to your gite.
There’s free WiFi and perhaps best of all, this gite in the Dordogne offers the largest and perhaps most picturesque domestic pool in the region and also the bliss of a Jacuzzi hot tub!
Like what you see? Search for your Dordogne holiday gite here…