Attractions in France
There are masses of attractions in France that make a family day out special, exciting and fun! In this section you’ll find a selection of some of the attractions we love most in France, organised by groups to make them easier for you to search through.
Of course, there are loads of attractions we haven’t included, so head to our Regions pages for specific information on what to see by the area you are travelling to.
Our top 10 attractions in France
Obviously this is a personal view, but for families with children between the ages of 5 and 15 you should find you can really enjoy a day out at these places!
- Futuroscope. Unexpected pleasure. Good entertainment, we could all enjoy the giant IMAX films! The majority of the attractions is in French, but you can hire cool translation machines that help you on your way. If you don’t speak much French, it won’t ruin your day out here, there’s plenty of visual sights and sounds to enjoy.
- Gorge du Verdon. Magnificent scenery, with deep valleys and dramatic gorge rivers. If you like activity holidays in France, with canoeing, hiking etc then you’ll love this area in the south east of France.
- Disneyland Paris. A magnificent day out with the children – you can’t help be charmed by the surroundings and how clean and tidy everything is!.
- Pont du Gard. History, scenery and swimming all combine to make a lovely day out here.
- Le Train à Vapeur des Cévennes. Beautiful scenery with the train ride to entertain the children.
- Le Mont St-Michel. The most visited attraction in all of France. Wander round the tiny cobbled streets, up to the old monastery, visiting restaurants, ice-cream stands and plenty of souvenir shops on the way!
- Canoeing on the Cèze. Good entertainment on the river for everyone.
- The Haribo Museum. Not so much for the adults, but the kids adore it!
- Le Bournat Open Air Museum. Fascinating regional museum in the open air.
- Puy du Fou. Our favourite theme park in France, but with an unusual approach. This is a visual spectacular and suits non-French speakers.
Read more about our favourite attractions in France:
Our favourite activity holiday ideas in France:
For more information about France, where to go and sights to see then head to the Will Go To online travel guide.