La Bastide – The Farmhouse
La Bastide – The Farmhouse - From £1880 - 995 per Week
This beautiful gite offers an excellent base from which to explore this unspoilt area of South West France. It is very accessible via low cost airlines flying into Toulouse, Carcassonne and Rodez.
La Bastide has three choices of fully equipped self-catering gites: The Farmhouse, The Grange and The Cottage. All guests have use of a large swimming pool which is protected by a legally approved childproof enclosure. The gites can be rented individually, and the Farmhouse and Grange can be opened up to make one large holiday house, or you can book the whole property – ideal for large family reunions!
The Farmhouse offers:
- Sleeps 8+ but can accommodate ten.
- Fitted kitchen with dishwasher, Bosch Tassimo coffee machine
- Games consoles
- We have a Wii and Playstation 3 available. There are limited games, please bring your own.
- Bluetooth/Wireless streaming audio hi fi.
- Cots, highchairs and stairgates available.
- A play barn with under 5s area and table tennis, a play tower for the 5-12s and an in-ground enclosed 13ft trampoline.
- Large Heated Swimming Pool, 12m x 6m with roman steps into the shallow end. The depth goes from 1.2m to 1.8m. It is completely enclosed by safety railings.
- Wireless Broadband
- Flat screen television. UK channels are available via satellite.
- Laundry house with two washing machines and a dryer. Washing powder is provided.
- Bed linen and Towels, including pool towels.
- Welcome Pack
- Large outdoor terrace with BBQ.
Free Parking on Premises
You can park your car either in front of your gîte under trees or in a covered barn adjacent to your accommodation out of the sun.
The Tarn offers plenty of kayaking opportunities. Burlats on the Agout is nearby, but an hour’s drive to the Gorges du Tarn gives you the choice of several centres in this stunning area, where the water is more sedate and you can even get transport back to your car.
The right to roam is the norm in France, avoiding crops and grazing herds of course, and you can walk in all directions directly from La Bastide. There is a variety of walks and mountain biking routes flagged up throughout the Tarn. (Bikes can be hired in Lautrec.)
CASTRES is a charming riverside town. The former bishop’s palace houses the Goya Museum which has a fascinating sub-section giving the history of the resistance activities in the Tarn during WWII. The old merchants’ houses opening directly onto the River Agout along the Quai des Jacobins are Castres’ show-piece. Only 15 mins from us, Castres has many restaurants and bars.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome