La Bastide – The Grange
La Bastide – The Grange - From £745 - £1380 per Week
La Bastide stands in 4.5 hectares of meadows in a peaceful wooded valley and is an excellent base to explore this unspoilt area of South West France. It is very accessible via low cost airlines flying into Toulouse, Carcassonne and Rodez.
La Bastide has three choices of fully equipped self-catering gites: The Farmhouse, The Grange and The Cottage. All guests have use of a large swimming pool which is protected by a legally approved childproof enclosure. The gites can be rented individually, and the Farmhouse and Grange can be opened up to make one large holiday house, or you can book the whole property – ideal for large family reunions!
- Sleeps 6+ in two double rooms and a twin
- Fitted kitchen with dishwasher, Bosch Tassimo coffee machine
- Bluetooth/Wireless streaming audio hi fi.
- Each gîte has an LG Flow audio hi fi. Stream your music through bluetooth or wireless with this device.
- Family friendly – cots, highchairs and stairgates.
- A play barn with under 5s area and table tennis, a play tower for the 5-12s and an in-ground enclosed 13ft trampoline.
- Large Heated Swimming Pool, 12m x 6m with roman steps into the shallow end. The depth goes from 1.2m to 1.8m. It is completely enclosed by safety railings
- Large outdoor terrace with BBQ.
- Wireless Broadband
- Flat Screen Television with UK channels are available via satellite.
- The laundry room houses two washing machines and a dryer. Washing powder is provided.
- All bed linen is included and changed on a weekly basis. All towels are provided, including pool towels.
- Welcome Pack
- Each gîte has a DVD player. A range of DVDs for adults and children are available to borrow from the information office.
- Books to borrow
- Free Parking on Premises
The Tarn offers plenty of kayaking opportunities. Burlats on the Agout is nearby, but an hour’s drive to the Gorges du Tarn gives you the choice of several centres in this stunning area, where the water is more sedate and you can even get transport back to your car.
The right to roam is the norm in France, avoiding crops and grazing herds of course, and you can walk in all directions directly from La Bastide. There is a variety of walks and mountain biking routes flagged up throughout the Tarn. (Bikes can be hired in Lautrec.)
CASTRES is a charming riverside town. The former bishop’s palace houses the Goya Museum which has a fascinating sub-section giving the history of the resistance activities in the Tarn during WWII. The old merchants’ houses opening directly onto the River Agout along the Quai des Jacobins are Castres’ show-piece. Only 15 mins from us, Castres has many restaurants and bars.
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome