La Bouillatrie – The Fountain Gite
La Bouillatrie – The Fountain Gite - From £230 - £750 per Week
The Fountain Gate is one of three self-catering gites at La Bouillatrie, in the Vendee region of France.
The Vendee on the west coast of France has plenty to offer for a family holiday. Being relatively flat it’s perfect for cycling – you can borrow bicycles here and explore the many cycling and walking routes, visit the nearby lakes offering swimming, wind surfing, canoeing and fishing, or take a trip out to the long, sandy beaches of the Vendée coast, just 1 hour away. Puy du Fou, voted the World’s best theme park in 2012, is only 20 minutes away.
The Fountain Gate offers:
- 2 bedrooms, sleeping 4
- Heated and gated outdoor pool
- Well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge freezer, gas cooker, microwave oven, coffee maker
- TV with English and French satellite, built in DVD player
- Access to our library of DVDs, books and board games
- Wood burner with free wood
- Shared laundry room
- Private terrace with dining table and chair
- Barbecues, sun loungers and covers available at no extra charge
- Choice of 12 bikes and baby trailer available at no extra charge
- Boules court for the traditional French games of boules
- Table tennis, badminton, cross-pool volley ball, darts, trampoline.
- Travel cots and high chairs available
- Can be combined with the Courtyard Gîte through an interior door to accommodate larger families or groups of friends
“The Fountain Gîte” is decorated to a high standard, sleeps 4 people, and has an open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area. There are 2 toilets, a bathroom, and 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed and built-in wardrobe, and one with 2 single beds, a private shower room, and a built-in wardrobe.
If you just want to put your feet up and enjoy the secure, family friendly facilities, you can relax with a cold drink by our heated & gated pool, play a game of traditional boules, picnic in the private fenced garden, or use one of our many barbecues.
The gite is super child-friendly, with grids / rails at the upstairs windows and child gates at the top and bottom of the stairs and at the front door.
Pets welcome during low season (October to June)
The beautiful Vendée region is known for its long summer days, courtesy of its unique micro-climate. Its rolling “bocage” countryside hides a thriving tourist economy, with many local attractions such as the Puy du Fou – voted the world’s best theme park in 2012, walking and cycling paths, water sports, fishing spots, fine restaurants, and some of the best sandy beaches in Europe.
Puy du Fou – A hugely popular medieval theme park.
Futuroscope – A futuristic multimedia theme park.
Karting available at Chalans, La Roche-sur-Yon, and St. Reverend.
Parc Pierre Brun – an outdoor activity park in Mervent, great for the kids.
Gondola style boat trips in the Marais Poitevin marshes at Coulon and Maillezais.
The Vendee Globe is a round-the-world single-handed yacht race that occurs ever 4 years.
Château de la Guignardiere, a fine example of Renaissance architecture.
Château Tiffauges, medieval castle.
The Indian Forest
Atlantic Toboggan waterpark at Les Becs
Historial of Vendée
Château de Terre Neuve
Eleanor of Aquitaine’s Abbey in Neuil-sur-l’Autise
Horse riding – contact us for more details.
Mountain bike and walking routes
Grande Randonnees – long-distance walks (GR8 and GR364)
La Tranche sur Mer, a beautiful sandy beach renowned for surfing
Apremont Lake, where you can hire dinghies, pedalos, canoes and row-boats.
Fishing and night-time carp fishing at Rochereau near Chantonnay
- Children's Play Equipment
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD Player
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Children Welcome