La Bourdette - From £3,250 - £5,950 per Week
La Bourdette offers something rather special for a family holiday to France. This stunning French Manor House has a fabulous location near the foothills of the Pyrénées and provides a wonderful setting for relaxation and recreation, with superb leisure facilities in the extensive grounds and throughout the surrounding countryside.
The manor house offers:
- 4 Bedrooms, plus 2 children’s bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms (with showers), 2 shower-rooms
- 18 x 7.5 metre pool, heated and alarmed
- DVD / CD players, Satellite TV with UK channels
- 50 acres of grounds
- BBQ with outside dining furniture
- Tennis court, boules court, table tennis and table top football
- Self-contained pool house
- Manor house and pool house sleeps up to 16
La Bourdette is charming and full of character – a comfortable family home that is both welcoming and relaxing. Perfect for large families or friends holidaying together, it offers all the equipment and facilities you need for a great family holiday to southern France.
The kitchen is well equipped with plenty of china, cutlery and glassware. Enjoy evening meals outside on the vine covered patio and breakfasts and lunches on the shaded balcony of the pool house. BBQ available.
The pool is heated with plenty of room and sun beds for all. Adjacent is the equally stunning pool house, with its well-equipped games room, kitchenette and shower room downstairs and a stylish living room and bedroom upstairs. The garden areas are beautifully landscaped. With 50 acres, there are plenty of natural areas to explore and wander.
The hammocks in the trees are a perfect place to retreat and find some peace and shade and if you’re feeling more active then head to the tennis court.
The caretakers, Andrew and Jane, who live in a self-contained flat at one end of the house, will look after you during your stay. Three hours cleaning per day on three days per mid-week day are paid for by the owners as well as the swimming pool and garden maintenance.
- This is excellent cycling country, with a dedicated trail from the house to the next door village of La Bastide de Besplas and into the surrounding countryside. Bicycles can be hired through David Sterland, meeter-and-greeter.
- There are fine walks in many directions. Marked pedestrian and mountain-biking trails lead to the upper heights of the Pyrénées where chamois, genets and even lynxes and brown bears are to be found.
- A nearby livery stable offers riding lessons as well as trekking in the surrounding countryside.
- There are a number of pretty villages in the surrounding area. An outstanding example is Carla-Bayle, standing on the top of a hill, with fine views of the Pyrénées, and boasting several interesting art galleries and shops.
- Near Carla-Bayle is a very popular children’s “treetops” adventure centre.
- In summer, there’s a medieval fair in Foix, a classic music festival in St Lizier, and international folk dancing in St Girons.
- There are prehistoric caves at Tarascon, and ancient cave drawings at Niaux. The fascinating caves of the Grotte du Mas d’Azil (10 kms) are “drive-through” but can also be visited on foot.
- The 18-hole Golf de l’Ariège is near the pretty village of La Bastide-de-Sérou (20 kms).
- Trout streams abound in the Pyrénées, dropping down to rivers much favoured by kayakers can canoeists.
- The Lac de Mondèly (20 kms) offers good, fresh-water swimming, and has a basic café on its shore. There are several restaurants within 10 minutes’ drive.
- The nearest local vineyard encourages tastings and on-the-spot purchases. Visits should be arranged in advance – details are in the information folder.
- There is ski-ing in the Pyrénées (90 minutes’ drive) in most years from January to March and a recommended resort is Luchon.
- Outings to Toulouse (45 minutes) are highly recommended to enjoy the many fine art galleries, museums, restaurants and excellent shopping. Its Old Town with its rose-pink façades (therefore known as the ‘Ville Rose’) is particularly attractive.
- Visits to the Aerospatiale Centre and to the Airbus factory, both near Toulouse, are much recommended.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome
- Pets allowed