La Perode – Farmhouse with private heated pool
La Perode – Farmhouse with private heated pool - From £1550 - £2290 per Week
Please complete the form with your contact information, requested dates and any other important information. This will be sent directly to the property owners who will be in touch with you shortly.
La Perode – Heated private pool for your family holiday home in Dordogne
La Perode is a comfortably spacious farmhouse with large heated private pool for the private and exclusive use of our farmhouse guests, all set within the heart of the popular Dordogne Region – see www.la-perode.com for more details.
Built from the beautiful honey-coloured limestone that is a feature of the region, La Perode is set in ten acres and was until recent times a working farm. A major renovation has brought the facilities up to exacting modern standards whilst preserving their charm and harmony within the tranquility of the wider surrounding fields and woodland.
Accommodation at La Perode
The farmhouse offers:
– five bedrooms and three bathrooms alongside a well-appointed kitchen and dining / living area that augments the two private terraces.
– bedrooms that range from a large en-suite four-poster with its own quiet terrace, to another double bedroom, again with exposed beams located within the old part of the building. A cosy children’s room sleeps up to three whilst a loft room with low timbers offers a great retreat for a teenager, so there is ample space for one or two extended families. A cot and high chair are also available, on request.
– a large private terrace and seating area, partially covered, complete with BBQ and the original bread oven itself. A comfortable eight-seat round table with large umbrella provides the opportunity for wonderful alfresco dining on this peaceful terrace.
– in-house facilities include a flat screen TV (with surround-sound), UK or French satellite channels plus a wide selection of DVD’s available on request
Pool and Outdoors
– large 12m x 6m private heated swimming pool (with easy access at one end via Roman steps) and fully equipped summer kitchen. For child safety the pool is surrounded by a security fence. An automated pool cover was installed in 2022 for additional safety and ease of use.
– Wireless internet is available throughout the site
– There are a wide selection of attractions for all the family within a short drive
Around the Area
The nearby village of Rouffignac St Cernin is a short drive (or pleasant walk) away and can provide everything from your daily baguette to your weekly shop. Facilities include a boulangerie (specialising in exquisite pastries), a butcher and a supermarket, whilst several bar / restaurants provide a pleasant distraction, as does the busy weekly market on Sunday mornings. The local campsite also offers good facilities, including a restaurant, at five minutes walk.
Nearby towns include Montignac and Le Bugue, which both sit astride the wonderful Vezere river. The world-famous Lascaux caves can be found near the former and for those interested in our Paleolithic ancestry they are a must-see, whereas Le Bugue offers a range of attractions including a superb aquarium and the Bournat theme park. Please take a look at our website at www.la-perode.com for pricing and availability plus a wealth of other resources and useful links.
We have been hosting two family or extended family groups for ten years or more, some of whom are returners. Please see our website Testimonials for their 5* feedback and comments.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD Player
- Fridge / Freezer
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Large Screen TV
- Washing Machine
- Games Console
- Coffee Machine
- Children Welcome
- Cots / Highchairs
- Family Activities nearby
- Toys and Games for 5 to 12 year olds
- Toys and Games for teenagers
- Table Tennis
- Family Board Games
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for Seniors