La Perode - From £1040 - £1840 per Week
La Perode is a comfortably spacious farmhouse with large heated private pool in the heart of the popular Dordogne Region
Built from the beautiful honey-coloured limestone that is a feature of the region, La Perode is set in ten acres and was until recent times a working farm. A major renovation has brought the facilities up to exacting modern standards whilst preserving their charm and harmony within the tranquility of the wider surrounding fields and woodland.
The gite offers:
– five bedrooms and three bathrooms alongside
– a well-appointed kitchen and dining / living area that augments the two private terraces.
– The bedrooms range from a large en-suite four-poster with its own quiet terrace, to another double bedroom, again with exposed beams located within the old part of the building. A cosy children’s room sleeps up to three whilst a loft room with low timbers offers a great retreat for a teenager, so there is ample space for one or two extended families. A cot and high chair are also available, on request.
– a large private terrace and seating area, partially covered, complete with BBQ and the original bread oven itself.
– a comfortable eight-seat round table with large umbrella provides the opportunity for wonderful alfresco dining
– in-house facilities include a flatscreen TV (with surround-sound), UK satellite channels plus a wide selection of DVD’s.
– Wireless internet is available throughout the site
– There are a wide selection of attractions for all the family within a short drive
– a small handful of bikes are available
– large 12m x 6m heated swimming pool (with easy access at one end via Roman steps) and fully equipped summer kitchen. For child safety the pool is surrounded by a security fence.
The nearby village of Rouffignac St Cernin is a short drive (or pleasant walk) away and can provide everything from your daily baguette to your weekly shop. Facilities include a boulangerie (specialising in exquisite pastries), a butcher and a supermarket, whilst several bar / restaurants provide a pleasant distraction, as does the busy weekly market on Sunday mornings. The local campsite also offers good faclities, including a restaurant, at five minutes walk.
Nearby towns include Montignac and Le Bugue, which both sit astride the wonderful Vezere river. The world-famous Lascaux caves can be found near the former and for those interested in our Paleolithic ancestry they are a must-see, whereas Le Bugue offers a range of attractions including a superb aquarium and the Bournat theme park. Please take a look at our website at www.la-perode.com for pricing and availability plus a wealth of other resources and useful links.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome
- Pets allowed