L’Abbaye du Palais – Gîte d’Abbés
L’Abbaye du Palais – Gîte d’Abbés - From €840 - €1435 per Week
Abbaye du Palais offers two family-friendly gites in the Limousin, in central France, not far from Limoges. This beautiful property is set large grounds with a fabulous outdoor swimming pool, plenty of games and lots of fascinating places to visit nearby.
Abbaye du Palais, its full name being ‘Abbaye du Palais de Notre Dame’ was founded by Bernard Clairvaux in the twelfth century, and certain twelfth century elements can still be found in the strict Cistercian architecture.
The outbuildings and former stables and sheds has been converted into comfortable holiday homes.
Gîte d’Abbés offers:
- 3 bedrooms and a bathroom (sleeps 4 + seperate babyroom)
- A living/dining room with an open plan kitchen and a door leading to the sout/east facing patio
- Well-equipped kitchen with a high chair, combi oven-microwave, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso, kettle, blender, utensils and crockery
- Free wifi
- Terrace with teak garden furniture, parasol and barbecue
- All necessary bedding and towels are included (1 set per person per week). Please bring your own for use outside (swimming pool)
- Pets are allowed in the cottages – after consultation in advance (surcharge)
- start package: coffee capsules, tea, waste disposal bags, cleaning materials and toilet paper; extra coffee capsules for sale at the premises
There are plenty of places to visit and attractions for adults children all within an easy drive of the gite.
This tower from the Middle Ages is in the town of Bourganeuf, and once housed the Turkish Prince Zizim. Guided tours inside are available during the summer.
At our neighbours a real safari experience can be had in an old military truck right in the middle of a herd of bison. A fun experience, exciting and profitable, for the young and old.
Vassiviere is a beautiful lake that is more than 1000 ha wide, and surrounded by hiking trails, biking trails, beaches, water sports, boat trips, museums and sculptures.
This is a perfect activity for rainy days. An audio-visual show that takes place in several rooms and settings. The story is that of the old distillery of Bénévent l’Abbaye. The liquor produced is called Beneventine and can be tasted and bought there.
Arbre en arbre, tree to tree adventure
A tree to tree park where you can climb up trees, jump into nets hanging above the ground and fly through the air, sliding down zip wires. There are different courses adapted to different levels. Starts age 4.
Velorail de la Mine (cyclo rails)
On an old abandoned train track near Bourganeuf, cyclorails are for rent (4/5 people maximum per cyclorail). It is organised at specific times, so booking is essential.
Musée de la Mine
Long ago, mines dominated the little village of Bosmoreau-les-mines. The coal was used to power the porcelain kilns in Limoges. Today, there is a small museum at the town hall that traces the footsteps of the mining industry in this small town.
Les loups de Chabrière
A fun and educational park about wolves and their natural habitat. A beautiful park, with live wolves.
go to website
- Children's Play Equipment
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Linen Included
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome
- Pets allowed