Le Moulin de Chazotte – La Principale
Le Moulin de Chazotte – La Principale - From €900 - €1500 per Week
This beautiful 15th century converted French watermill offers beautiful, family friendly self- catering holiday accommodation. The four exclusive gites are brimming with charm and character whilst offering all the modern comforts and facilities to ensure you have a relaxing and rewarding holiday.
La Maison Principale is the main house of the original mill. It is the largest of the four gites, accommodating up to six people. It is great for larger families with an extensive kitchen and dining area, large comfortable sitting room and three beautiful bedrooms.
At a glance:
- 3 bedrooms – 1 master bedroom with ensuite, 1 double room, 1 twin.
- Bathrooms – master bathroom with bath and shower, ensuite bathroom, downstairs guest WC.
- Fully equipped kitchen – electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, gas hob with an extractor hood, toaster, traditional wood burning stove. Also includes large dining area with table and chairs.
- Large sitting room – comfortable seating, TV, Charentais stone fireplace, views over the millpond and vineyards, wooden staircase leading to upper floor.
- Private terrace – with barbecue, table and seating with stunning views of the grounds and local vines.
Additional information – oil-fired central heating as well as the wood-burning stove. All windows and doors are hardwood double glazed. WIFI. Ample parking facilities. Access to large shared swimming pool and gardens.
- All linen, towels, kitchen equipment are provided at no extra charge.
Le Moulin de Chazotte is nestled amongst the vineyards and sunflower fields of Cognac country. The mill sits astride the river Chazotte, which was once used to power the mill on the site. With 12 acres of land mixed between woodland, fields and gardens, the mill is blissfully remote with the only other inhabitants being other guests and the local wildlife – from occasional deer and wild boar to the many birds of prey circling the blue skies above.
If you wish for a bit more action during your holiday, the nearest village, Cherves-Richemont, is just a short drive away (2 km) and offers a local bakers, butchers, pharmacy and restaurant.
A little further afield (7km / 10 mins drive) is the historic town of Cognac.
The surrounding towns of Angoulême, Saintes and St. Jean d’Angély are steeped in Roman and Medieval history with fascinating architecture and bustling markets.
The beautiful French seaside towns of La Rochelle, Ile de Re and Royan are close by offering a great day out at the seaside with family-friendly sandy beaches.
The famous vineyards of Bordeaux are also well worth a visit and only an hour’s drive.
The owners live on-site at the Mill so are there to help with any questions, advice or recommendations during your stay.
In addition to Principale, we also have three other gites on-site of varying sizes or you can even rent the whole house exclusively for up to 20 people. Find out more by visiting the website www.moulindechazotte.com, or contact us directly using the contact form to the right.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome
- Long term Renters
- Suitable for Seniors