Le Moulin de Chazotte – L’Abricotier
Le Moulin de Chazotte – L’Abricotier - From €650 - €1200 per Week
This beautiful 15th century converted French watermill offers beautiful, family friendly self- catering holiday accommodation. The four exclusive gites are brimming with charm and character whilst offering all the modern comforts and facilities to ensure you have a relaxing and rewarding holiday.
L’Abricotier is located in half of the grand main building with its own separate entrance via an arched doorway at the West end of the mill. With three bedrooms it comfortably accommodates six people.
The gite is named after the wonderful old apricot tree which climbs against the West-facing wall. Formerly the old coach house, it has a split-level ground floor with a charming snug/lounge area a few steps above the kitchen and dining area. L’Abricotier is charming, cosy and provides a great home for a family or group of friends.
At a glance:
- 3 bedrooms – 1 double master bedroom with shower and sink in room, 1 twin room, 1 bunk room.
- Bathrooms – master bathroom with large shower plus downstairs WC.
- Fully equipped kitchen – double sink, electric cooker with a large oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, microwave, toaster. Adjoining dining area with table and chairs.
- Sitting room – raised level lounge snug with woodburning stove, comfortable seating, TV.
- Private terrace – with barbecue, table and seating, and views over the grounds and woodland beyond.
- Ample parking facilities.
- Access to large shared swimming pool and garden.
- All linen, towels, kitchen equipment are provided at no extra charge.
Le Moulin de Chazotte is nestled amongst the vineyards and sunflower fields of Cognac country. The mill sits astride the river Chazotte, which was once used to power the mill on the site. With 12 acres of land mixed between woodland, fields and gardens, the mill is blissfully remote with the only other inhabitants being other guests and the local wildlife – from occasional deer and wild boar to the many birds of prey circling the blue skies above.
If you wish for a bit more action during your holiday, the nearest village, Cherves-Richemont, is just a short drive away (2 km) and offers a local bakers, butchers, pharmacy and restaurant.
A little further afield (7km / 10 mins drive) is the historic town of Cognac.
The surrounding towns of Angoulême, Saintes and St. Jean d’Angély are steeped in Roman and Medieval history with fascinating architecture and bustling markets.
The beautiful French seaside towns of La Rochelle, Ile de Re and Royan are close by offering a great day out at the seaside with family-friendly sandy beaches.
The famous vineyards of Bordeaux are also well worth a visit and only an hour’s drive.
The owners live on-site at the Mill so are there to help with any questions, advice or recommendations during your stay.
In addition to L’Abricotier, we also have three other gites on-site of varying sizes or you can even rent the whole house exclusively for up to 20 people. Find out more by visiting the website www.moulindechazotte.com, or contact us directly using the contact form to the right.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome
- Long term Renters
- Suitable for Seniors