La Bastide – The Cottage
La Bastide – The Cottage - From £490 - £630 per Week
The Cottage nestles within the grounds of La Bastide which is 4.5 hectares of meadows in a peaceful wooded valley and an excellent base from which to explore this unspoilt area of South West France. It is very accessible via low cost airlines flying into Toulouse, Carcassonne and Rodez.
La Bastide has three choices of fully equipped self-catering gites: The Farmhouse, The Grange and The Cottage. All guests have use of a large swimming pool which is protected by a legally approved childproof enclosure. The gites can be rented individually, and the Farmhouse and Grange can be opened up to make one large holiday house, or you can book the whole property – ideal for large family reunions!
- Sleeps 2+ The cottage is perfect for couples, but the main bedroom can accommodate another bed for a child. The main room has a sofa bed if required.
- Fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher, Tassimo coffee machine
- Bluetooth/Wireless streaming audio hi fi
- Wireless Broadband
- Flat Screen Television with satellite TV showing UK channels
- DVD player and DVDs to borrow
- Family friendly – cots, highchairs and stargazes can be provided.
- Play barn with under 5s area and table tennis, a play tower for the 5-12s and an in-ground enclosed 13ft trampoline
- Large Heated Swimming Pool, 12m x 6m with roman steps into the shallow end. The depth goes from 1.2m to 1.8m. It is completely enclosed by safety railings.
- The laundry room houses two washing machines and a dryer. Washing powder is provided.
- Bed linen and Towels including pool towels.
- Welcome Pack
- Private outside area with BBQ, swing seat and dining area.
You can park your car either in front of your gîte under trees or in a covered barn adjacent to your accommodation out of the sun.
La Bastide is surrounded by 4.5 hectares of rolling countryside. Walking and cycling maps are available in the information room. Bikes can be hired in Lautrec.
The Tarn offers plenty of kayaking opportunities. Burlats on the Agout is nearby, but an hour’s drive to the Gorges du Tarn gives you the choice of several centres in this stunning area, where the water is more sedate and you can even get transport back to your car.
CASTRES is a charming riverside town. The former bishop’s palace houses the Goya Museum which has a fascinating sub-section giving the history of the resistance activities in the Tarn during WWII. The old merchants’ houses opening directly onto the River Agout along the Quai des Jacobins are Castres’ show-piece. Only 15 mins from us, Castres has many restaurants and bars.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for Seniors