La Boumelle Gites – La Laverie
La Boumelle Gites – La Laverie - From £450 - £650 per Week
La Boumelle Gites offers four beautifully renovated gites with a shared pool in the heart of the Loire Valley. It’s a great location, on the edge of the ‘parc national’, just 10 minutes from the riverside of Saumur and an hour from Angers and Tours.
The gites have recently been renovated to a high standard, conserving the original rustic features of the wooden beams, local stone walls and tiled floors.
La Laverie, the ancient wash house, is comprised of:
- Living area with television and radio – large 6m x 5m lounge and a dining room to seat 8
- Kitchen with fitted units, fridge, cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, electric toaster & kettle, iron, crockery and utensils
- Three double bedrooms (1 double-bedded, 2 twin-bedded) and cot if required
- Upstairs shower room & toilet
- Ground floor WC
- Private patio area with garden furniture & BBQ
- Garden – plenty of play space for children, with swings, animals and birds
- Shared 10m x 5m pool with Roman steps and sun bathing lawn, fully secured to the latest French standards
Bookings are from Saturday afternoon to the following Saturday morning. A 10% deposit is required at the time of booking with the balance payable 6 weeks prior to the start of your holiday. A £50 breakage/damage deposit will be collected on arrival and refunded in the week after your stay.
Loire Valley Wines
This is the heart of the Loire Valley wine country. Visit the numerous vineyards for a dégustation of wonderful fruity reds, white and sparkling wines.
Saumur is known as ‘The Pearl of Anjou’. The chateau dominates the region. The town is full of excellent restaurants, fascinating shops and sunny bars where you can sit and watch the world go by. Other attractions include the famous Cadre Noir (home of the French Cavalry display team) and Combier Liqueurs.
Visit this wonderful Abbey in the splendid town of Fontevraud (burial place of Richard the Lionheart, King of England). Also, en route, you can visit Montsoreau and the traditional soap makers ‘Martin de Candre’.Golf
The golf course at nearby Baugé offers a challenging 18 holes plus 3 practice holes for beginners.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Linen Included
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Children Welcome