Les Prés Blancs
Les Prés Blancs - From £3,430 - £8,850 per Week
Totally renovated and decorated inside and out, Les Prés Blancs is a stunning property in the Luberon region of Provence, comprising a 5-bedroom Main House and a 2-bedroom Annexe. The owners have beautifully enhanced the original character with great sophistication and have added a state-of-the-art kitchen, together ensuring a real ‘wow’ factor.
This holiday home offers:
- 7 Bedrooms, sleeps 14 (7 doubles/shower rooms:3 bathrooms (with showers), 5 shower rooms)
- 6-acre garden
- 12 x 6 metre heated and alarmed pool and a ‘bassin’ (small pool)
- Gymnasium in the house
- DVD / CD player plus TV with UK channels
- Croissants, bread and milk delivered daily if requested
- Boules, table tennis
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
Les Prés Blancs stands in 2.6 hectares (6 acres) of lawns and lavender fields, surrounded by woods. As part of the renovations, the terraces and gardens have been extensively re-planned and replanted.
The courtyard faces south and overlooks the swimming pool. It has a shaded table seating 12 and a gas-fired barbecue. There is also a 2-seater sofa, 4 cane chairs, a low table and a sun umbrella. ‘Boules’ can be played in the courtyard (the ‘boules’ are kept in the house), and a table tennis table, complete with a net, bats and balls, can be set up in the car park area.
An unusual feature is the former lavender distillery, 50 metres from the main house, which has a heated ‘bassin’ (a small pool), surrounded by sun beds and enjoying wonderful views of the mountains in the distance – a blissful spot for a sundowner! The whole feature is surrounded by a child-proof fence.
The filtered alarmed swimming pool measures 12 x 6 metres, with an overall depth of 1.50 metres and accessed via a ladder. Sunbeds and sun umbrellas surround the pool, and there’s also an outside shower.
Christophe Rossi and Sebastien Puglisi are the caretakers and at least one of them will meet tenants on arrival, show them around and explain how everything works, including the house alarm. Christophe will bring bread, croissants and milk every morning, as well as same-day UK newspapers if requested.
Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided free of charge. There are telephones throughout the House, and local calls are free of charge. Whilst mobile reception isn’t possible from the house, it can be obtained from the road at the top of the drive.
Broadband/WiFi internet access is available throughout the House, but please bear in mind that Les Prés Blancs is a very rural property and whilst every effort will be made to provide Broadband/WiFi access at all times, it cannot be guaranteed.
There are hair-dryers and fans in every bedroom, plus 2 cots with bedding, and a high chair.Les Prés Blancs is located 3 kms from the exceptionally attractive village of Saignon with some shops and several restaurants. The property is also 8 kms from the pretty Provençal village of Bonnieux which also has very reasonable shopping and some good restaurants. The larger town of Apt is 9 kms, with more shops, supermarkets, restaurants and a hospital.
Tenants can either rent the Main House and the Annexe (sleeping 11 – 14) or just the Main House (sleeping 10 and under). If only the Main House is rented, the Annexe will be kept closed.
- Walks in the surrounding National Parks – this is spectacular walking country.
- Canoeing, kayaking, dinghy sailing and rafting on the local rivers and lakes. The nearest point-of-hire is probably at Lauris on the Durance river (20 minutes). These lakes also offer swimming from sandy beaches, whilst several have quite reasonable restaurants on their shores.
- The spectacular Gorges du Verdon, Europe’s Grand Canyon, offers adventure activities of many kinds.
- The vineyards which abound in the region, offering tours, tastings and on-the-spot purchases.
- The stunning and hugely photogenic small towns and villages in the surrounding area – Bonnieux, Saignon, Vaugines (where the ever-popular Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources were filmed), Lourmarin, Ansouis, Apt, Roussillon, L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Ménerbes and Gordes, to name but some.
- The historic cities (and cultural centres) of Aix-en-Provence, Nîmes and Avignon. There are distinguished music festivals in all of them, particularly in Aix.
- The numerous châteaux, abbeys, churches, gardens, art galleries, museums and archaeological sites that are well worth a visit, as well as the many cultural and sporting events taking place in the surrounding area.
- The best nearby Mediterranean beaches are in the ‘Calanques’ (coves) to the west of Cassis, as well as the larger beaches east of this small coastal town, several of which have windsurfing, waterskiing and sailing facilities. Cassis also has some good seafood restaurants.
- Children's Play Equipment
- Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD Player
- Linen Included
- Satellite TV
- Smoke Alarms
- Toys and Games
- Washing Machine
- Children Welcome