Puy St Vincent has a ski school, a floodlit piste for night skiing, a snow park, 2 toboggan runs, ski doo hire, ice skating, ice climbing, tobogganing areas, husky dog rides, cross country skiing, torchlit descents, slide shows, a cinema, concerts, local markets, a Father Christmas helicopter visit on Christmas Eve and fireworks to celebrate the New Year.
Our likes/dislikes: The snow is always of good quality, there are good variety of ski runs plus many opportunities to try off piste. It never gets too busy, the staff are friendly and the restaurants are fantastic. It is a resort that is ideal for families with numerous of activities to entertain everyone. The English Alpine Ski Championships are held here every year in late April.
Puy St Vincent factfile:
- Resort height: 1400 – 2750m
- Access: Closest airport is Turin, hire a car at the airport.
- Downhill runs: 2 black, 12 red, 14 blue, 6 green
- Size of domaine: 75km (just in Puy St Vincent)
- Snow cannon: Between 1400m and 2400m
- Lifts: 5 chair lifts, 8 ski tows
- Lift Pass: around €150* adult, €120* child (incl. 1 day skiing on neighbouring resort of Serre Chevalier, Alpe d’Huez etc.)
- Website: http://www.paysdesecrins.com/
Where to stay: We recommend AlpSun – a small family run set of apartments, all located within the Vallouise valley, at the entrance of the Parc National des Ecrins (the largest national park in France). Every apartment is comfortable, well laid out, very clean and has open views of breathtaking scenery. The fact that this is a small family business means that you will receive excellent care before and during your stay.
Skiing Lessons: There are the usual ESF ski schools, plus for the younger children (3-5 years) there is a ski kindergarten run by Ecole de Ski Internationale (Booking is recommended on tel: 04 92 23 30 79).
Baby Sitting/Kindergarten: Puy St Vincent has two day care creches for children from 18 months to 6 years of age – Les Marmottons (Tel: 04 92 23 58 55) and Les P’tits Loups (Tel: 04 92 23 58 53).
* please note that all prices are subject to change, so check the providers’ website for latest information.
Read more abut popular ski resorts in France: